Thursday, January 16, 2014

Time OUT

Today started as every other day usually does. The alarm clock wakes me up..... I nudge Brett to wake him up for work.... he gets up and gets ready while I lay in bed unable to move. The bed is just TOO comfortable and warm on these cold winter mornings. However, I then remember that there is probably a special little someone waiting for me in her room. I roll over to take a peak at the video monitor and see her little eyes open. That's when I'm finally ready to get out of bed.

I rush to her room with excitement because this is my very favorite time of the day.  EVERY morning I go in there so enthusiastic and wonder when the day will come that she realizes I'm a little bit too jolly in the mornings. For now? She enjoys it... so I will as well.

I am with her every second of every day. We definitely have our fair share of good and bad days, but each morning starts the same.  I remember when she was a baby and we both lacked sleep, the mornings were a little different then.  She is so grown now already. I can't even imagine how much more she will continue to grow in the approaching years.

Normally, I make Vera breakfast and clean up around the house while she eats. She generally eats a lot for breakfast so I can get a good portion of the cleaning finished up. However, this morning, I felt like actually sitting down next to her and eating with her. I usually make a hurried breakfast for myself and eat it as I walk around the house cleaning up. Not this morning. We sat and ate our cereal together. It was magical! We even took the time to look out the window and notice the spectacular morning sky. Which is great, because the beautiful sunrise was gone before we knew it.We snapped a few photos, of course.

This morning, even though it started off the same as most other days, taught me a little something in that hour before chaos began.  I took the time to sit and simply eat breakfast with her. This seems like a given? I should be doing this EVERY morning. I do like cleaning the house in the morning though so I can enjoy the rest of the day with her.... but this seemed SO right this morning. I've noticed we are both in a better mood today, as well. 

So this is my point. We get into SUCH a routine of getting things done and hurrying everything in our day... it's nice to just SIT down and enjoy each other for once. Now, we do this every night at dinner, but I suppose we could add in breakfast as family time as well. Without those few quiet moments this morning, we would have missed such a beautiful sunrise.  These are the moments that are SO simple, but are also the moments I will remember and cherish.

Take a TIME OUT for yourself today ;-) You and your family deserve it!


1 comment:

  1. Love this! Thanks for sharing. Instantly changed my mood :)

    ReplyDelete